Ways to Serve:
- Lead a small group
- Volunteer to help organize
- Donate Scholarship money
Once a year, ALL of the Lutheran youth in the state of Georgia come together for a weekend of praise, worship, service, reflection and fun! It is a unique opportunity for our youth to meet other Lutheran youth from the state. This event moves around the state to different venues, such as Covington and Savannah.
February 26-28 2016 – FFA-FCCLA Camp, Covington, GA
Our youth from Christ the Lord have been enjoying this event for over 15 years! This year All Georgia comes closer to home and is back at the FFA Retreat Center in Covington.
As the name implies, it is a retreat for youth, throughout the state of Georgia, in grades sixth through 12th. Our church youth will travel together and will be staying together in cabins, so this is an easy get together for those youth who may not have been with us on any retreats yet. It begins Friday night and ends on Sunday morning. Registrations can be found outside Vickie Davis’ and/or Keith James’ offices, or you can find them here: all-georgia_2016_registration_packet
Designed for youth, grades 6 through 12, the youth ministry program of Christ the Lord inspires growing relationships with Christ and with one another. Combining learning, fellowship, and service events, this program is enthusiastically attended by our youth.
Paul says. “In light of all this, here’s what I want you to do. While I’m locked up here, a prisoner for the Master, I want you to get out there and walk—better yet, run!—on the road God called you to travel. I don’t want any of you sitting around on your hands. I don’t want anyone strolling off, down some path that goes nowhere. And mark that you do this with humility and discipline—not in fits and starts, but steadily, pouring yourselves out for each other in acts of love, alert at noticing differences and quick at mending fences. You were all called to travel on the same road and in the same direction, so stay together, both outwardly and inwardly. You have one Master, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who rules over all, works through all, and is present in all. Everything you are and think and do is permeated with Oneness. Ephesians 4:1-6 MSG
Arrival: 8-9 pm Registration on Friday, February 26 (event officially begins at 9:00 pm)
Registration questions? Vickie Davis – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-963-4499
Cost: $75 per youth which includes Meals, Program, and a t-shirt.
Scholarships are available for families with financial concerns; please speak with Vickie or Pastor Mitchell.
There is NO COST for adult volunteers
Age: This gathering is for 6th-12th graders. Friends are welcome.
Adult Volunteers / Leaders: Congregations must register 1 adult leader (21 years or older) with every 5 youth. Adult volunteers / leaders are responsible for helping to transport youth and chaperone youth over the course of the weekend. All adults attending any synod youth event must have a satisfactory background check prior to their arrival. CTL will provide this for you.
Housing Information: Youth and adult leaders will be housed within their group according to male/female. Your group will share cabins with other youth from across the state.
REGISTRATION CLOSES SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 7TH.
Tentative Weekend Schedule
- 8-9 Register and Unpack in Cabins
- 9:00 Event Begins in Mobley Hall
- 9:30 AGAPE
- 10:30 Back to Devotions
- 11:00 Devotion and Lights Out
- 7:30 Breakfast Dining Hall
- 8:30 Session 1 Agape Start in Mobley/Small Groups All Over Camp
- 10:00 Break
- 10:30 Session 2 Agape Start in Mobley/Small Groups All Over Camp
- 12:00 Lunch
- 1:00-4:00 Community Time led by Zion in Guyton
- 4:00 Session 3 Agape Start in Mobley/Small Groups All Over Camp
- 6:00 Dinner Dining Hall
- 7:00-9:00 Session 4 or Concert??
- 9:00-10:30 Dance led by
- 10:30 Back to Cabins
- 11:00 Devotion and Lights Out
- 7:30 Breakfast/Pack Cars and Clean Up Cabins
- 8:30 Final Small Group and Evaluations
- 9:30 Worship led by Youth from Christ the Lord in Lawrenceville
- 10:30 Clean Up Mobley Hall
- 11:00 Go in Peace and Serve the LORD
What to Bring
- Pillow and Linens or sleeping bag/Towels
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE and SMILES, SMILES, and MORE SMILES
- Rain gear (let’s hope we won’t need it)
- Casual clothing for the weekend
- Toiletries and any medications that are needed Flashlight